Creating bootable USB without any software in Windows 10 is the cleanest and easiest way to make a bootable USB without errors. Just follow the steps below to create bootable USB drive which you can use to install Windows on your machine.
Creating a usb pendrive using command prompt is not hard, it is one of the most common ways to create a bootable usb.
This method does not work if your operating sistem is windows xp or windows 8 , you cannot select the primary partition in comand prompt.
You just need to follow these simple steps:
- Insert your USB flash drive to your computer.
- Search for ‘cmd’ in Windows 10 from the taskbar, Command Prompt will appear. Alternatively, you can also open the Command Prompt by pressing windows+R at the same time and typing in ‘cmd’ in the ‘Run’ window and hitting enter.
- Right click on Command Prompt and select ‘Run as Administrator’ in case you have searched for cmd in the Windows 10 Taskbar.
- Once the Command Prompt window appears, type diskpart and hit enter. Wait until the diskpart utility runs in another window.
- In the new diskpart window, type list disk and hit enter. It will show you all active disks on your computer.
Most probably, you will see two Disk types.
- Disk 0 for hard drive and,
- Disk 1 for your USB Flash Drive with its total capacity.
Since we are going to work on to create bootable USB drive, we will work with Disk 1.
Copying files from an ISO image on your PC/DVD to USB manually:
Now you have to copy all the files in the windows folder to your usb drive. This will make your USB drive bootable.
Now bootable USB drive is ready to be used, You can now restart your pc and boot from the usb hard drive.